Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Mid-Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet is looking for a talented, versatile and passionate professional to join its accounting and finance team. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Finance and will be actively involved in the month-end close process, including internal financial reporting, account reconciliations, as well as various other ad hoc requests. The successful candidate will have strong computer skills in Excel, be very results and detail oriented, and capable of meeting tight deadlines in an ever-changing business environment.
What you will be doing:
- Perform month-end duties, including preparation of journal entries (including foreign currency transactions). Month-end tasks associated with fixed assets, accruals, prepaids and any month-end closing journal entries.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations with appropriate supporting documentation and reconcile/investigate variances to general ledger.
- Assist with the management of inter-company payable/receivable balances arising from related party transactions.
- Analyze, review and comment on variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
- Assist with sales tax reporting and compliance including preparation of monthly sales tax remittances to the government.
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects with cross-functional teams.
- Participate in the automation and efficiency improvements of departmental processes.
- Actively participate in the implementation and customization of Netsuite financial system.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor of Commerce with a concentration in Accounting required.
- Accounting designation CPA (an asset)
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Oracle Netsuite and Sage Intacct knowledge (a strong asset).
- Ability to apply judgment and make sound decisions.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Quick learner and independent.
- Can work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English; Bilingual an asset)