Commerce SEO Lead
Location: Montreal, Full Time, Mid-Senior Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet is looking for an SEO professional to identify strategies, techniques, and tactics to increase the number of visitors to a website, and obtain a high-ranking placement in the results page of search engines for our e-commerce focused buyer’s guides and other related articles. In generating more leads for the business you’ll unfold new opportunities for driving growth and profit. Search engine optimization (SEO) isn’t just a job for our ideal Commerce SEO leader, it is a passion.
This mid-to-senior level role requires a candidate who not only has the experience and the current technical SEO skills to succeed in the high-stakes world of e-commerce publishing but who challenges themselves to constantly evolve with Google and with the search landscape, to stay ahead of the game and help Valnet compete in and win the “search-engine rankings game.” This role is all about search engine result page (SERP) rankings, including tracking rankings across a variety of websites’ most valuable e-commerce pages, to ensure they are always optimized and updated. The ability to perform effective and regular page audits is essential, as are the abilities to spot opportunities for improvement and to work with editorial staff to properly communicate necessary changes and enhancements to execute on recommendations. Studying the competition for key rankings is also key to success.
What you will be doing:
- Regular, real-time SEO audits of “buyers guides” and other e-commerce pages to assess their current and historical search engine rankings, identify the best performing pages and ensure they continue to perform well by providing actionable insights to improve on-page SEO.
- Prioritize what content gets created first when building out new content that could become high-value content.
- Prioritize which existing commerce content needs to be updated and when, and make sure key stakeholders understand why.
- Assist editors in identifying content with the most potential return on investment from a ranking perspective, to ensure content resources are properly allotted.
- Provide data analysis that yields actionable insights on how to improve performance of existing e-commerce content.
- Work with editorial leaders on a comprehensive backlinking strategy.
- Develop strategies to help capitalize on timely commerce events, such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Amazon Prime Day, as well as smaller opportunities such as holidays and related sales.
- Audit backlinking strategies and structures across content types to ensure proper Google ranking signals are in place.
- Ongoing and regular keyword research to identify areas of expansion, and assess risk/reward of such expansion.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to pages and page templates to improve SEO.
- Regular meetings with key commerce editors and creators to share best practices and reiterate key cornerstones of SEO strategy.
- Help evaluate competitors and potential acquisitions in regards to SEO value and potential.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of three years experience in a mid-to-senior level SEO role
- Understanding of modern e-commerce content and strategy.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to change and adapt to the ever-changing search landscape, as well as stay up to date with the latest Google algorithm updates and changes.
- Experience with Excel; Google tools such as Analytics 360, Search Console, Tag Manager; and SEO tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog, or similar
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.