Location: Montreal, Full Time, Entry to Mid-Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube Channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet’s major entertainment brands, CBR and Screen Rant, are looking for a talented Content Manager to oversee popular entertainment content (comics, movies, TV, gaming, anime) for their YouTube Channels. We are looking for candidates dedicated to generating the highest audience engagement for the channels, and who are committed to working alongside a team of motivated and passionate creators.
- Team Management
- Manage and motivate a team of remote creators
- Act as point of contact for creator queries about scheduling, compensation, performance, internal development
- Implement processes that ensure efficiency, stability, and website authority
- Oversee quarterly mandates and daily output goals in different categories
- Liaise with key internal parties (HR, Training, I.T, business analysts) for different projects (e.g. training initiatives, SEO trends)
- Actively participate in talent acquisition and talent management efforts in tandem with Screen Rant and CBR’s dedicated HR team to ensure the team maintains a motivated and passionate roster of creative talent
- Update and maintain brand style guidelines
- Stay updated on current trending topics in pop culture, specifically in comics, movies, television, anime and gaming
- Use analytics/internal dashboards to gain insights on top performing content, share findings with team
- Evaluate video performance, and that of competitors, to identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Consult on optimizing the channel’s content strategies from a data first viewpoint
- Knowledge of producing (live-action preferred) series, film, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, film, media, marketing or another related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in content creation (equivalent experience in a managing editorial position may also be considered)
- Strong knowledge of major movie, comics, and anime franchises
- Excellent analytical skills, leadership qualities, and good judgement
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail and solid problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of content production
- Familiarity with SEO best practices, Google Analytics, and traffic driving strategies in general
- Basic Adobe Photoshop/image editing skills
- Experience using WordPress, Asana, and Slack, and GSuite
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve.
You may also know this role as: Publications Manager, Content Marketing Manager, Content Specialist, Content Coordinator, Publications Specialist, Publications Coordinator, Content Lead, Digital Content Specialist, Digital Content Coordinator, Digital Content Manager, Web Content Manager, Web Content Coordinator.