Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the trendiest entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
With new offices opening up in the US, Canada, as well as operations in the UK, we are growing and looking to add a Senior Accountant to our incredible team. The Senior Accountant will help the Accounting Manager oversee the day-to-today finances of the company, manage bookkeeping, and work closely with the leadership team on major initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare, review and maintain financial statements, reports and budgets
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly bank statements and related transactions.
- Manage monthly bookkeeping (journal entry preparation, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, cash management, etc.)
- Develop and implement internal controls and processes to improve efficiency.
- Oversee the work of internal and external accountants and ensure all accounting and financial reporting activities are completed in a timely fashion.
- Periodically prepare GST/HST payable schedules and timely payments to the Government.
- Process intercompany reconciliations, adjustments, journal entries, and balancing the General Ledger (month, quarter, year-end).
- Perform month-end analyzes and balance sheet items – Prepaid expenses, Subsidy receivable, Deferred revenue, Accrued expenses.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation or being a candidate for the title
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent ability to organize, manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet hard deadlines
- Works well independently, takes initiative and is proactive.Able to maintain strict confidentiality