IT Systems Administrator
Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Permanent role
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
As an IT System Administrator, you will oversee the office network and be the first point of contact for employees with questions or issues about their workstation. You will participate in infrastructure planning and other IT projects to improve the daily operations of the company.
What you will be doing:
- Provision workstations for new employees.
- Manage computers, printers and network equipment.
- Manage email and Slack accounts.
- Manage software licenses.
- Manage VoIP phones.
- Manage data storage.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of MacOS / Windows software's.
- Good knowledge of LAN / Wi-Fi / Firewall management.
- Mobile device management (Mosyle / Jamf)
- Linux administration.
- Ubiquiti UniFi networking.
- Google workspace.
- Office 365.
- Synology NAS.
- VoIP technology.
- Task automation (Shell scripting / Ansible)
- LEMP stack experience (Linux, NGINX, MySQL, PHP)
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Efficient problem solver.
- Highly process-oriented, detail-oriented and organized.
- Works well in a team environment but also independently.