Who we are:
Valnet is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the trendiest entertainment websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable properties include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute premier editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
The Paralegal will provide support to the various activities of the Legal Department, including contract management, intellectual property (IP) management, corporate and jurisdictional compliance, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), disputes/litigation and other project areas as assigned. The Paralegal will be a key resource of the Legal Department, helping to ensure efficiency and that the Company meets its legal and regulatory obligations. If you are someone with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, and a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative work environment, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What you will be doing:
- Manage contract administration, including the company’s contracts platform
- Provide support for compliance/regulatory matters, including corporate filings, registrations and other requirements
- Manage trademark portfolio (with assistance of counsel)
- Support the M&A process, including due diligence and transactional documentation
- Assist with managing disputes and litigation files
- Verify billing of external law firms and other providers, and coordinate payment
- Maintain calendar of upcoming events/deadlines
- Provide support with employment matters, including employment agreements, employer obligations, etc.
- Assist with drafting/updating internal policies, guidelines, etc.
- Be proactive in your work environment, in particular by improving the quality of the services, systems and processes of the Legal Department
- Provide support for other projects for the Legal Department
What you need to succeed:
- Completed college degree in Paralegal Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of paralegal or related experience, with preferably at least 2 years in an in-house legal department
- Fully bilingual (French and English) considered an asset
- Significant experience with contracts and corporate matters
- Experience with IP (trademarks and copyright) and/or disputes/litigation considered an asset
- Strong drafting and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Curiosity and desire to take on mandates in a variety of subject matter areas
- Entrepreneurial and highly adaptable