Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the trendiest entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet is looking for a talented, versatile, and passionate professional to manage one of our largest portfolios. This person would directly report to the General manager, oversee a portfolio websites, their teams, growth strategies, P&L, M&A efforts, and much more. We are looking for someone business savvy with a positive track record of overseeing teams, growing a business, and a passion for managing and developing talent.
The ideal candidate must be highly analytical and well versed in financial statement analysis, possess excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for building relationships.
What you will be doing:
· Modeling investments.
· Training and developing employees.
· Overseeing portfolio strategies related to content and monetization.
· Driving M&A efforts for new acquisitions to the portfolio.
· Managing the P&L.
· Creating budget plans for support costs.
· Hire necessary needs for the portfolio.
· Managing risks to our products in the portfolio (ensuring policy compliance, promote diversification, etc)
· Maintaining excellent website vitals and user experience for the products.
What you need to succeed:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field.
- Experience in M&A (buy or sell side) an asset.
- Experience in digital media publishing or online media is an asset.
- Highly organized with project management abilities.
- Ability to build dynamic financial models.
- Highly analytical with excellent negotiation abilities.
- Judgement to manage balancing business needs with legal risk.
- Ability to confidently engage and communicate with all levels in the organization and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial and resourceful.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent files and priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment autonomously as well as in a team.