General Manager - Permanent Full-Time - In Office - Montreal QC
Who we are:
Valnet is a worldwide digital media publishing company that owns and operates several highly authoritative brands spanning several verticals including: entertainment, technology, automotive, gaming, and aviation.
Valnet specializes in acquiring and operating properties that are mission critical in their respective environments.
We leverage swiftness and adaptability against the absence of big structure, as our operation prowess gives us growth.
The ability to seize the right opportunity allows us to be the greatest content investment company in the world.
Valnet is looking for a talented, versatile, and passionate professional to manage one of our largest portfolios. This person would directly report to our COO, oversee a portfolio of movie and entertainment websites, their teams, growth strategies, P&L, M&A efforts, and much more. We are looking for someone business savvy with a positive track record of overseeing teams, growing a business, and a passion for managing and developing talent.
The ideal candidate must be highly analytical and well versed in financial statement analysis, possess excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for building relationships.
What you will be doing:
• Modeling investments.
• Training and developing employees.
• Overseeing portfolio strategies related to content and monetization.
• Driving M&A efforts for new acquisitions to the portfolio.
• Managing the P&L.
• Creating budget plans for support costs.
• Hire necessary needs for the portfolio.
• Managing risks to our products in the portfolio (ensuring policy compliance, promote diversification, etc)
• Maintaining excellent website vitals and user experience for the products.
What you need to succeed:
• Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field.
• Experience in M&A (buy or sell side) an asset.
• Experience in digital media publishing or online media is an asset.
• Highly organized with project management abilities.
• Ability to build dynamic financial models.
• Highly analytical with excellent negotiation abilities.
• Ability to confidently engage and communicate with all levels in the organization and build strong internal and external relationships.
• Self-starter, entrepreneurial and resourceful.
• Ability to manage multiple, concurrent files and priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment autonomously as well as in a team. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Culture & Community
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Daily lunches
- Friday breakfast
- Quarterly events
- Team dinners/ lunches
- Barber / nail services
- Dry cleaning
- Tire change service
- Free parking
Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Vision care
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Sports Nights