Social Media Strategist
Location: Montreal, Full Time, Mid-Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
In this role, you will be joining a team with a significant social media presence. Valnet’s portfolio of Facebook pages have 32 million followers, 560K Instagram followers, and 793K Twitter followers. The group of pages that you will be managing has a following of over 3 million followers and accumulates over 65 million video views per month and is only expected to grow!
Why choose us:
At Valnet, we believe success happens when creativity sparks your passions. When we’re not hitting content goals and changing the landscape of online content distribution, we enjoy the many perks of a sweet life at Valnet: a fully-stocked kitchen, catered breakfasts and lunches, quarterly 5 à 7, sports activities and more company-wide events!
Our team is ambitious and dissolves the boundaries between work, fun, and achieving milestones! As such, Valnet offers unrivaled opportunity for performance-oriented and excitable career-seekers. Our culture is based on the belief that hard work and innovation deserve an inspiring workplace with great perks such as 50% off your gym membership and many opportunities for generous performance-based incentive structures!
• Track and analyze page/account performance - and that of competitors- to identify areas of improvement
• Strategize for optimal performance of video, link and image content
• Understand and optimize distribution strategies
• Manage a team of passionate content leads and creators, helping them to plan, innovate, and execute consistent and competitive content
• Develop, implement, and execute a business plan, tools, and processes that will guide you and your team to success
• Think out of the box and challenge the status quo to meet goals within tight deadlines
- 2-3 years of experience building strategy and reporting for Facebook pages, social media profiles, and other engagement-focused platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of social community management and fluent in all things social media.
- Inventive and data-driven solutions to achieving goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work well as a team as well as independently.