Location: Montreal, Full Time, Mid Level Experience
Valnet is seeking a highly analytical, business-driven Business Analyst to join the Publishing team. The ideal candidate must possess an interest in digital content and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment. If you are proactive with a mind that works against the grain to tackle the challenges in your field, then you are exactly what we need.
As the Business Analyst, you will identify needs and develop optimal solutions for our business needs, model processes that will ensure efficiency and provide our content and distribution teams with performance reporting that contains actionable data on a regular basis.
Additionally, you will be in charge of the maintenance and evolution of our business intelligence platforms, working alongside our architects and developers.
In addition to being highly analytically, you must be passionate about online content and have an understanding of the competitors and trends in the industry.
- Maintenance and evolution of our custom-made business intelligence platforms with the help of our IT team.
- Manage growth of diverse publishing initiatives
- Evaluate results to identify successful projects, topics, and strategies.
- Identify patterns and opportunities to guide content creators.
- Streamline and scale costs to ensure positive ROI.
- Establish benchmarks and review results on an ongoing basis.
- Consult with development team on new features to aid in growth.
- Implement processes to achieve desired results and goals.
- Provide actionable reporting and long-term strategy.
- Pursue influencers, source linkers, and other business partnerships.
Desirable Traits include:
- Practical knowledge with the ability to learn quickly
- Capable of quickly grasping complex concepts
- Strong analytical thought process and excellent ability to read and understand data
- Driven to achieve goals through hard work
- Meticulous attention to detail and capability of producing flawless work
- Interest in web content creation.
- Undergraduate degree (Commerce or Finance preferred)
- Experience and pre-existing knowledge of online business strategies or the drive and ability to do what it takes to get up to speed quickly