Business Analyst - Product & Data
Business Analyst - Product & Data
Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Mid-Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the trendiest entertainment websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 30 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable properties include Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police, and more.
A place of cutting-edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute premier editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet is seeking a highly analytical and driven Business Analyst that shares our passion for all things digital to join our Product & Data team. The ideal candidate must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
As the Business Analyst, you will act as the link between our publishing operations and the technical team. You will be responsible for analyzing our needs and business requirements and ensuring that the deliverables align with the requirements. Your work will inform Product developments and other data-driven initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Act as an intermediary between the publishing teams and the tech team.
- Compile and interpret data to inform key decision makers.
- Prototype short-term data solutions for pre-development testing, gathering feedback, and interim use.
- Perform general data-related assessments and distribute reports to General Managers and others.
- Understand and clearly articulate the needs of the business.
- Coordinate with the users and the tech team so they can understand the scope and requirements of projects.
- Foresee and mitigate potential failure points.
- Maintain open and transparent lines of communication with the users and developers.
- Track and communicate the progress of multiple ongoing projects to the team lead.
- Approach requests critically and understand their impact on the broader business objectives.
- Gather detailed needs from each different team in a clear and complete manner, to minimize the amount of follow-ups needed.
- Analyze and document the business needs and processes and identify trending behaviors.
- Gather useful QA data and feedback from teams.
- Perform competitive analysis and benchmarking efforts.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience in a similar role or the drive and ability to do what it takes to get up to speed quickly.
- Experience working in a complex, multi-project, multi-team environment.
- A strong self-motivated learner.
- Excellent understanding of data.
- Capable of quickly grasping complex concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving thought process.
- The ability to ask intelligent, probing questions to get a better understanding of needs.
- Driven to achieve goals through hard work.
- Meticulous attention to detail and capability of producing flawless work.
- Highly process-oriented and detail-oriented.
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills.
- Work well as a team as well as independently.
- Ability to take charge of own tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Must be Tech Savvy. An appreciation for code, an asset.
Excel, GSuite products, Google Analytics (UA and GA4), DataStudio/Looker, Ahrefs, Sistrix, SimilarWeb, Slack, Google Search Console, Asana, JIRA, Wordpress, and in-house products.