Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Mid-Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet is looking for a talented, versatile and passionate professional to join its corporate finance team. The successful candidate will be handling a broad range of responsibilities including increasing mergers and acquisitions deal flow, post deal integration, pre and post sale operational analysis, financial modeling and building relationships with potential sellers.
The ideal candidate must be highly analytical and well versed in financial statement analysis, possess excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for building relationships.
What you will be doing:
- Identify and research potential targets.
- Build a database of potential acquisitions that fit Valnet’s acquisition criteria and maintain the acquisition pipeline full at all times.
- Directly involved in building the M&A pipeline.
- Assist in due diligence period.
- Manage full-cycle integration of acquired assets.
- Work alongside an internal team with business reporting and research.
- Run full operational and financial analysis on potential targets.
- Analyze and present the best available deals according to the mandate.
- Establish long-term relationships with targets through ongoing communication and face to face meetings.
- Attend trade shows to source M&A leads (a possibility).
- Assist in making Valnet known as a potential acquirer in the publishing and e-commerce industry.
What you need to succeed:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field.
- Experience in M&A (buy or sell side) an asset.
- Understanding of M&A deal flow and integration processes.
- Comfortable with outbound cold calls/handling initial conversations with potential targets.
- Highly organized with project management abilities.
- Ability to build dynamic financial models (3-way, LBO).
- Highly analytical with excellent negotiation abilities.
- Judgement to manage balancing business needs with legal risk.
- Ability to confidently engage and communicate with all levels in the organization and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial and resourceful.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent files and priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment autonomously as well as in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.