Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Montreal, Full Time, Entry level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet is on the lookout for an innovative and process-oriented Talent Acquisition Specialist to help with new acquisitions and onboarding across multiple brands within our company and their remote teams.
This person will be the go-to resource for onboarding new writers and editors, ensuring they meet our quality standards, and will play a crucial role for developing new processes and procedures on improving the overall experience of remote team members.
If you are highly motivated, dedicated to developing great results, and have a keen eye for talent then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Why choose us:
At Valnet, we believe success happens when creativity sparks your passions. When we’re not hitting content goals and changing the landscape of online content distribution, we enjoy the many perks of a sweet life at Valnet: a fully-stocked kitchen, catered breakfasts and lunches, quarterly 5 à 7, sports activities and more company-wide events!
Our team is ambitious and dissolves the boundaries between work, fun, and achieving milestones! As such, Valnet offers unrivaled opportunity for performance-oriented and excitable career-seekers. Our culture is based on the belief that hard work and innovation deserve an inspiring workplace with great perks such as 50% off your gym membership and many opportunities for generous performance-based incentive structures!
What you will be doing:
- Screen and source through applicants.
- Respond to Talent Acquisition related questions and tasks.
- Track and fill requests for new remote contributors.
- Ensure new hires adhere to Valnet standards.
- Investigate and vet new freelance job boards.
- Manage remote team budget and operations.
- Work collaboratively with the managing editors, legal, and HR resources.
What you need to succeed:
- Passion for developing and supporting people.
- Interest in Valnet's brands and content.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and independently.
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented.