Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution based out of Montreal. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the trendiest entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
With new offices opening up in Miami and in Canada, as well as operations in the UK, we are growing and looking to add a Payroll Specialist to our incredible team. The Payroll Specialist will oversee the day-to-today payroll activities of the company, develop new processes for the US, UK and Canada offices, and work on major initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Help with the input, audit, and process monthly, semi-monthly, and bi-weekly payroll for all employees across the UK, US, and Canada
- Ensure provincial, state and federal compliance globally. Report and remit to multiple state authorities
- Provide updates with regards to global payroll regulations
- Partner with HR for onboarding and off-boarding, and answer any questions or requests with regards to payroll and benefits within expected timelines
- Assist with the preparation and execution of year end
- Assist in reporting activities such as earnings summaries, taxes, deductions, leaves, taxable and non-taxable earnings
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management
- Support various internal and external audits
- Improve payroll processes and procedures and drive continuous improvement
- Minimum 2 years experience in processing full cycle payroll
- PCP certification is an asset
- UK and US experience is a strong asset
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years of Payroll experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Knowledge of pension and benefits including taxes and regulations
- Ceridian, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Bamboo HR
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation – an asset.