Junior Financial Analyst
Location: Montreal - Full Time
Who we are:
Valnet is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the trendiest entertainment websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable properties include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
We are seeking a Junior Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team in Montreal. The position provides key support to the accounting department performing a variety of accounting functions. We are looking for someone who works independently, enjoys analysis, self-motivating and willing to work full time on a hybrid in-office schedule. A trustworthy team player capable of assisting co-workers when needed.
- Record daily financial transactions in Netsuite (receipts, invoices/payments, bank and credit card transactions etc.).
- Support and assist in the month end processing and closing procedures necessary for preparation of financial information.
- Record revenue based on information received from various departments and maintaining records of invoices and supporting documents.
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations periodically for multiple accounts.
- Maintain supporting documentation and proper filing system for all financial transactions.
- Participate in audits by providing supporting documentation.
- Reconciliations of accounts at period end to identify any errors or duplications in records.
- Additional tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned by the Manager.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent ability to organize, manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet hard deadlines.
- Superb attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude.
Culture & Community
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Daily lunches
- Friday breakfast
- Quarterly events
- Team dinners/ lunches
- Barber / nail services
- Dry cleaning
- Tire change service
- Free parking
Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Vision care
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Sports Nights