Training and Development Specialist
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
The Core Group’s Training and Development Specialist will be responsible for overseeing training activities and working alongside the Lead Trainers of the respective core training teams, and be accountable for the training success of incoming onboards into the group ecosystem. In partnership with the Talent Manager and HR Manager, the Training and Development Specialist will ensure that there is a seamless transition from the hiring phase through to the post-training phase, and that those individuals are provided with the time, attention, and hands-on learning required to become successful resources to the websites. This role will require strong multitasking and prioritization skills, and will undoubtedly require the development of strong partnerships and a reliance on team collaboration. Building relationships and trust between content and training will be paramount to the success of the role.
- Designing and delivering instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, and e-learning training courses across the websites
- Produce and facilitate learning experiences for the editorial management team
- Ideate and build development strategies for current employees and freelancers, including training curriculums meant to advance learners towards growth and promotional opportunities.
- Manage Lead Trainers, training materials, training structures across our three websites : Screen Rant, Collider and CBR.
- Collaborates with Lead Trainers to ensure that each training team is staffed appropriately with internal resources and make adjustments as appropriate
- Audits and reevaluates trainer compensation structures to be effective and motivating alongside Head of People and Culture
- Sets training goals and targets at the group level, the site level, and the individual level
- Leads weekly team meetings alongside the Lead Trainer for each site to make sure trainers are being held accountable, are meeting targets, and are providing accurate updates on progress, challenges, and successes
- Assigns training material tasks as needed, and participates in hands-on training when necessary
- Responsible for ensuring that the vast majority of onboards successfully complete training in a timely manner to provide the content teams with the resources they need, when they need them
- Collaborates with content teams to identify needs, challenges, gaps and builds training strategies accordingly
- Empowers trainers to take control of training material as subject matter experts
- Builds team trust and fosters a respectful, efficient team atmosphere.
- Collaborates with hiring teams to ensure that the hand-off between talent and training is smooth, palatable, and easy to track
- Oversees learning and development activities and ongoing projects alongside the Lead Trainer.
- Collaborates with the group Project Specialist as needed to implement novel incentivization strategies to support and motivate trainees through interesting material, engagement strategies, etc.
- Analyzes current processes and systems and makes changes, sets new goals, and leads new initiatives at the site level, the training group level, and the individual level.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 2+ years of working in a hybrid learning and development role with experience in content authoring, e-learning development and facilitation
- Ability to build, manage and facilitate training materials
- Experience with a learning management system (preferably Coassemble)
- Proven ability to influence every aspect of the training operation with the intention of continuing to build an already well-sustained initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate leadership, influence, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Well organized, self-starter, autonomous and works with a sense of urgency to create and innovate
- Familiar with LMS tools and communication platforms (CoAssemble, Absorb, Discord, Slack, SCORM and Google Suite)