Senior Backend Developer
Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Permanent role
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube Channels, and Social Media platforms.
What you will be doing:
- In charge of new development and maintaining all public sites to optimal performance and developing CMS features for Valnet multidisciplinary teams for their day to day operations.
- Have an active role in the analysis phase when defining the features with the tech lead.
- In charge of maintaining all of the digital assets for optimal loading time using the latest technologies in order to have optimal code and programming standards.
- Be highly interested and curious about the latest web development standards and development tools.
- 3+ years experience as a back-end developer.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Solid experience with Symfony frameworks (Symfony 4 a plus).
- Strong knowledge of modularization and library development approach.
- LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP).
- BitBucket, JIRA, GIT, PHPStorm, Jenkins.
- Shell Script (Bash).
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, SCSS.
- Good understanding of SEO practice / Google Analytics / Google page speed.
- Experience working with high traffic websites.
- Strong team player, analytical and dynamic.
- Efficient problem solver.
- Deadline and results-driven.
- Extremely motivated.
Culture & Community
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Daily lunches
- Friday breakfast
- Quarterly events
- Team dinners/ lunches
- Barber / nail services
- Dry cleaning
- Tire change service
- Free parking
Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Vision care
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Sports Nights
You may also know this role as: Senior Full Stack Developer, Senior Web Developer, Dev Ops