Quality Assurance Tester
Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Permanent role
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and 36 YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf, Android Police and more.
Why choose us:
At Valnet, we believe success happens when creativity sparks your passions. When we’re not hitting content goals and changing the landscape of online content distribution, we enjoy the many perks of a sweet life at Valnet: a fully-stocked kitchen, catered breakfasts and lunches, quarterly 5 à 7, sports activities and more company-wide events!
Our team is ambitious and dissolves the boundaries between work, fun, and achieving milestones! As such, Valnet offers unrivaled opportunity for performance-oriented and excitable career-seekers. Our culture is based on the belief that hard work and innovation deserve an inspiring workplace with great perks such as 50% off your gym membership and many opportunities for generous performance-based incentive structures!
As a QA Tester you will run various tests on our websites and applications to ensure they meet all company standards and guidelines. You will identify issues and run debugging programs as needed. In this role you will also generate reports, work with our IT team to correct issues, and upgrade databases as required.
What you will be doing:
- In charge of creating use cases.
- Test the quality of websites and web applications.
- Organize and manage feature confirmation tests with users.
- Produce functional documentation of all cases for future reference.
- Manage the entire QA process while coordinating with developers and users.
- Maintain an open line of communication with developers and users.
- Carry out other tasks as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Efficient problem solver.
- Deadline and results-driven.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Highly process-oriented, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Work well in a team as well as independently.
- Good understanding of SEO practice, an asset.
- Technical knowledge (coding knowledge) and familiarity with testing tools, an asset.