Data Traffic Analyst
Data Traffic Analyst
Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Mid-Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet is a worldwide digital media publishing company that owns and operates several highly authoritative brands spanning several verticals including: entertainment, technology, automotive, gaming, and aviation.
Valnet specializes in acquiring and operating properties that are mission critical in their respective environments.
We leverage swiftness and adaptability against the absence of big structure, as our operation prowess gives us growth.
The ability to seize the right opportunity allows us to be the greatest content investment company in the world.
Valnet is seeking a highly analytical and driven Data Analyst that shares our passion for all
things digital to join our Product & Data team. The ideal candidate must possess excellent
analytical and problem-solving skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
As the Business Analyst, you will act as the link between our publishing operations and the
technical team. You will be responsible for analyzing our needs and business requirements and
ensuring that the deliverables align with the requirements. Your work will inform Product
developments and other data-driven initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Act as an intermediary between the publishing teams and the tech team.
- Compile and interpret data to inform key decision makers.
- Prototype short-term data solutions for pre-development testing, gathering feedback, and interim use.
- Perform general data-related assessments and distribute reports to General Managers and others.
- Understand and clearly articulate the needs of the business.
- Coordinate with the users and the tech team so they can understand the scope and
- requirements of projects.
- Foresee and mitigate potential failure points.
- Maintain open and transparent lines of communication with the users and developers.
- Track and communicate the progress of multiple ongoing projects to the team lead.
- Approach requests critically and understand their impact on the broader business
- Gather detailed needs from each different team in a clear and complete manner, to
- minimize the amount of follow-ups needed.
- Analyze and document the business needs and processes and identify trending behaviors.
- Gather useful QA data and feedback from teams.
- Perform competitive analysis and benchmarking efforts.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience in a similar role or the drive and ability to do what it takes to get up to speed quickly.
- Experience working in a complex, multi-project, multi-team environment.
- A strong self-motivated learner with excellent understanding of data.
- Capable of quickly grasping complex concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving thought process.
- Work well as a team as well as independently.
- Ability to take charge of own tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be Tech Savvy. An appreciation for code, an asset.
- Strong work experience in Website traffic analysis.
- GA & GA reporting (Google Analytics)
- Work experience with GA4 is a plus.
- Exposure/Experience in the M&A space is a plus.
Excel, GSuite products, Google Analytics (UA and GA4), DataStudio/Looker, Ahrefs, Sistrix,
SimilarWeb, Slack, Google Search Console, Asana, JIRA, Wordpress, and in-house products.
Culture & Community
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Daily lunches
- Friday breakfast
- Quarterly events
- Team dinners/ lunches
- Barber / nail services
- Dry cleaning
- Tire change service
- Free parking
Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Vision care
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Sports Nights